Thursday, August 8, 2013

Have Courage! ... (Written in 2012)

Have Courage! 

Courage is the ability to confront fear, pain, danger, uncertainty, or intimidation.


"Physical courage" is courage in the face of physical pain, hardship, death, or threat of death, while "moral courage" is the ability to act rightly in the face of popular opposition, shame, scandal, or discouragement.”

When it comes to making a decision that will impact one’s life, having courage is usually a factor.  You can struggle with the decision to start a new job/career, pursue or commit to a relationship, purchase your first home, relocate, or just get out of your comfort zone.


When I decided to take action on reaching my health goals, I knew that I couldn’t punk out on my promise to myself.  Whether I had a crowd standing by my side or I had to go on this journey alone, I knew that I had to put my big girl panties on and have courage. I took it one day at a time.  I knew that before I can walk I’d have to crawl. So I started walking for 20 minutes a day until I built up the momentum to walk for 30 minutes, then for an hour.  My walks turned into jogs and my jogs turned into runs.  That became my form of exercise.


In the Summer of 2011, I was introduced to an all-natural food supplement.  I heard how a lot of people were having incredible results. You had to take it twice a day every day for 30 days in order to be successful with this product.  I was skeptical at first but it was a risk that I was going to take.  I decided that I was not going to be a punk and I was going to have courage.  

The pounds didn’t come on overnight so I knew that they wouldn’t come off overnight as well.  I’d take 2 capsules before lunch and another 2 capsules before dinner.  It made me full which caused me to eat less and I started to lose not only pounds but inches too.  Some people thought I couldn’t do it. Some thought I didn’t have the willpower or the courage.  I have proved the doubters wrong.  I went from a Scrumptious 16 to a now Tasty 10.   I’m working my way down to a Succulent 6.  I believe that I can do it and I am empowering myself with the tools to make it happen.

Have courage in the midst of criticism.  Have it when folks doubt your ability, doubt your strength and don’t see your vision.  No matter what you’re going through give yourself a challenge. Trust and believe that you’ll make it.

“The best way to accomplish something is to just do it, and then find the courage afterward.”- George Chapman

 I encourage you to have Courage!

Wishing you Health, Wealth & Love

No comments:

Post a Comment